Cape Clogs started making clogs in Småland, in the southern region of Sweden, over 150 years ago. The company has always remained in the family as has been for more than 6 generations. Today the Cape Clogs manufacturers provide distribution in both Canada and the United States. The manufacturing process has not changed much over the 6 generations of the family. The very first Clogs made was made from the Alder wood tree. Today many clogs are made from either Alder wood or from the Poplar tree. It was in 2006 that Cape Clogs Inc. was formed as a designer, distributor and marketer of Swedish orthopedic clogs from our three manufacturing partners.
Very little has changed since the 1970’s which are still produced with natural grain leather. The construction of Cape Clogs are made to be environmentally friendly. Note that Alder wood has good wear resistance but comes with another problem being that it is fragile. Note the following when buying clogs:
- The leather on the clog may vary in color and thickness at times.
- The leather on the clogs may have small tears.
- The leather on the clogs is normally hard but it will soften and stretch with wear after some time.
- The natural colored leather on clogs is normally untreated and very sensitive to moisture and dirt.
- The leather on clogs can be cleaned with a small amount of natural olive oil and adds a darker tone.
- The natural colored leather on clogs will darken with time.
- The wood on the clogs may chip if you should knock into something.
- The wood on the clogs may vary in color and also may have small flaws in the wood.
- The rubber soles on clogs can wear down from the wood after frequent use.
- The rubber soles on clogs can be replaced.
- The color on the clogs rubber soles on the painted wooden sole will disappear almost immediately upon use.
- The color on the clogs wooden soles will wear off with time.
- The clogs will not last long if you use them in dirt and moisture.
Sprinkled Sweet Boutique
8187 WindersvilleBartlet, TN, 38133
Cute as a Bug Children’s Boutique
23 N Bells St Court SquareAlamo, TN, 38001
622 Lake AveStorm Lake, IA, 50588
The Plaid Rabbit
209 N 12th StMurray, KY, 42071
Peoples Drug Store
PO Box 510Lexington, MS, 39095
Klassy Kids on Elm- KY
320 North Elm Street Henderson, KY, 42420
1000 Highland Colony ParkwaySte 100NRidgeland, MS, 39157
29 Seargent Prentiss Drive #5Natchez, MS, 39120
Kid O Shoe
2438 West Anderson LaneAustin, TX, 78757
The Lily Pad
455 Underwood Rd.Russelville, AL, 35653
305 West MainTrinidad, CO , 81082
Tres Chic N Sassy
130 N. WashingtonLa Grange, TX, 78945United States
Gabrielle & Friends
HJ&M Building1406 Southmore Blvd Houston, TX , 77004
39 South Washington StreetHinsdale, IL, 60521United States
400 Main AveNorth Port, AL, 35476
1825 McFarland Blvd NorthSuite BTuscaloosa, AL, 35406
Ages of Time – Gifts & Design
PO Box 118Abberville, LA, 70511
Cupcakes & Sprinkles
6570 Hwy 69 SouthSuite DTuscaloosa, AL, 35405
601 Pratt Ave NEHuntsville, AL, 35801
Sweet Beginnings Mommy & Baby Boutique
202 1st Ave SESuite ACullman , AL, 35055
The Red Balloon Co
2060 N Damen AveChicago, IL, 60647
The Sweden Shop
3304 W. FosterChicago, IL, 60625
3140 Heights VillageBirmingham, AL, 35243
Lauer Enterprises, IncPO Box 436Excelsior, MN, 55331
Phone: A/P 952-380-3655
Poppy Togs and Clogs
251 Snelling Ave SouthSt Paul, MN, 55105